Shopping has undergone a huge range of innovative developments since the days of the old grocery or hardware store in the high street. Supermarkets and shopping malls have been followed by online shopping and new models for interaction with shoppers. Consequently, shopping habits have changed, with developments in technology playing a role in enabling many of them. Some patterns of behaviour in online (virtual) stores are also finding their way back into physical stores.
Let's discuss innovation in shopping during #innochat on Twitter on February 9th for an hour starting at 12 noon Eastern Time, based on these questions:
- What have been the most substantial innovations in shopping in recent decades?
- How was online shopping affected the ability to browse and choose products?
- What have been the main changes in payment mechanisms both in stores and online?
- How have delivery facilities changed and which changes have been the most useful?
- In what ways has behaviour in returning goods been affected by changes in shopping facilities?